5 Ways to Practice Gratitude
If there is something very simple we can do to shift our mind set and mood, practicing gratitude is one of those way. Gratitude can actually stimulate the release of feel good neurotransmitters like Dopamine and Serotonin. There have been many studies done over the past decade that showcase how a gratitude practice can have lasting affects on the brain, and in turn our well being. A gratitude practice does take intention. It’s important to intentionally set aside time to practice gratitude every day in order to reap the benefits.
How do you practice gratitude?
1. Start a gratitude journal - Write down 5 things/people/experiences that you are grateful for each morning
2. Write a letter of gratitude to someone
3. Meditate or pray on what or whom you are grateful for
4. Notice 5 things in the room you are in right now that you are grateful for
5. Go for a walk outside and think gratefully about trees/plants/insects/wildlife etc. and the role they each play
These are just some examples of ways you can practice gratitude. Set aside 5-10 minutes each morning to intentionally practice gratitude.
Stay well and healthy and reach out anytime!